About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Endless Summer

This week J-dude tried out for the baseball team at the middle school he will attend this year.  The team he tried out for is the 6th-7th grade team, a.k.a. the 7th grade team.  He didn't make the first cut.  He's short and not a very impressive batter.  Since the coaches didn't see him in a game situation they did not see his exquisite instincts at almost any position.   He was bummed out, quietly, for a couple of days, then this morning he announced that "the coaches made a big mistake."  Yes, indeed.  It was the first time he'd ever tried out for anything.  I think he learned to handle his disappointment well and with egotistical grace!  If there is such a thing.

Sisi completely wore out her swimsuit, it's official as of yesterday.  She came home from a waterpark trip with the Parks and Rec department and announced that her suit had disintegrated to the point of total transparency at about 2:30 p.m.  I rushed off today to get her a new one.  I looked at the old suit and I don't think it's quite that bad.   On the other hand I did toss it in the trash. 

I had a good week at work.  Today it's raining a little off and on (hurrah...let's hope for more ON before the evening is done.)  And I made a peach pie.  I think that's what we are having for dinner.  With ice cream for dessert.

One more week of work and then The Player and the kids and I are off to Michigan for a week at the beach.   Then 10 more years of work and I might retire.  (With a few more trips thrown in, I hope.)

School starts 3 days after we get back.  Where has summer gone?  I don't think I'll need to worry, it's going to feel like summer here until the end of November if the Weather Channel is correct. 





2 comments:

Collagemama said...

I love how J is handling it. Hope there's a rec league available, and that he continues to play and love the game.

And if you do lap swimming for very long you will find folks who don't realize their suits have achieved total transparency. It's not a good look!

Ellen said...

When Jeremiah makes the big leauge those coaches will say, "Gosh, we could of had him on our team".

have fun next week.