About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wave All Your Fingers

As it turns out today is Wave All Your Fingers At Your Neighbor Day according to the yadda yadda holiday website.  And as it turns out, I did just that.  A new family has moved in next door (renting the house owned by our neighbor Gary who has moved to Virginia and decided not to put his house on the market in this crazy economy and with 3 other houses already for sale on our street of only 20 houses total.  Good news one of those houses just sold!)

I introduced myself to the mom in the family a couple weeks ago.  I saw the teenage son pacing in the street on his cell phone and waiting for a ride somewhere shortly after that, and figured said teenager probably would hide inside his hoodie even further if I waved all my fingers at him.  So I didn't.  I just swerved wide to avoid the appearance of even thinking of driving anywhere near his teenage feet in the street. 

Today the dad was outside having a cigarette before heading out to work.   He waved and I waved.  I think I used all 5 fingers on my hand.  I can't be sure.  Hello!  It was neighborly either way.

So say hello to your neighbor today.  If you don't know who your neighbor is, remember the parable of The Good Samaritan. 

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I am waving all my virtual fingers at you! (I am not heckling you.)

Ah, I see my verification word is "footnese," which might mean we should wave our feet, too, and our nese.

Collagemama said...

I like all these fingers. They are inspiring me to do an art project/manners lesson for the preschoolers about fingers are for painting, not putting in your nose....