About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, February 10, 2012

Umbrella Day

It's Umbrella Day today!



Here in Central Illinois we do not need umbrellas today.  We need winter coats, hats, gloves, and we need those coats zipped up, those hats on our heads and those gloves out of our pockets and donned properly.  We needed those things to walk to school today, which the grown up people in our household did, and to ride scooters to school which the growing up people in our household did.  All bundled up. 

Winter is finally here.  It's going to get below zero for the first time tonight.  It's about time.  Not that I love zubsero temps (yes, I mistyped that then decided I liked it.  My new favorite made up word this week is now zubsero.)  The umbrella photo above reminds me of something The Player told me about global warming, causing rises in the ocean's temperatures to tip the balance in favor of large population increases of jellyfish.  Don't those umbrellas look like an armed army of jellyfish?  Whew.  I hope I don't fall over the edge of the boat in to that someday.  (Note to self, cancel all cruise plans immediately.)


These moon jellyfish are for your viewing pleasure only.  Do not fall into them, and do not, repeat do not, use one to block the sun or rain.  That's my advice for the day!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Aauughh. Will take all your advice!

Collagemama said...

Ooh! I want a jellyfish umbrella immediately. This replaces my previous wish for an umbrella with the Washington D.C. Metro system map design. Maybe the jellyfish umbrella should have phosphorescent overhead lighting.

ted tingley said...

I'm testing my abilty to comment. Happy umbrella day.