About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, November 17, 2013

When The Dog is in The Dog House

Thursday we had a treat for dinner...salmon!  It smelled so good, and looked so delicious.  There were 4 of us at the table, and a cat and dog lurking in the shadows.  As I served a nice big piece to Sisi...a huge part of it fell to the floor.  Before I could even utter a four letter word, Samarra had swooped in and gobbled it down in two bites.

That wasn't really unexpected, or even upsetting.  But within a few more seconds she had gone over by the patio door and regurgitated it.  Thank goodness The Player has a strong enough digestive system to clean it up and still eat his own dinner.  I was pretty unhappy that the No One of God's Creatures really got to enjoy that hunk of meat, though. 

After dinner The Player and I were loading the dishwasher.  Samarra was trying to help by pre-washing the silverware for us, when her Thunder Shirt (which we use to keep her calm and less barky) got caught on the bottom tray of plates.  Instead of keeping her calm, it understandably freaked her out when she backed away and brought the entire tray out with her and along the kitchen floor, bouncing and breaking dishes. 

The Player freed her from her bondage, and we cleaned up the broken dishware.  Looks like the Dog House Roof will have some mosaic work with violets on it!!

4 comments:

Collagemama said...

I can see the whole episode!

Anonymous said...

Is there a "TIME OUT" for dogs?

Kathleen said...

Oh, my. I'm glad you found the humor and beauty in all this.

ron hardy said...

Possible titles for film versions:
Salmon Dark Zero
Runaway Tray