About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, November 11, 2013

The Miracle of the Bed Time Snack

This is not one of Jesus' parables, but it should be.  A parable for worried mothers who think their sons will never eat anything willingly except bacon, donuts, hot dogs, French fries, and ice cream.  With the occasional candy bar thrown in for fiber, I guess.  Not that their sons will not eat anything else, but it requires a lengthy discussion of why one must have carrots with dinner or what will happen if one does not willingly eat anything but bacon for breakfast for their entire life (entire short life I might add.)

So imagine my sense of God's grace floating down from the heavens when last night J-dude discovered the bowl of green grapes on the kitchen table in the evening.  When he ate all of the remaining 1/2 pound of grapes on the table.  (Did I mention he is finally growing into his very large feet?)  When he asked for more for his bedtime snack and was sorely disappointed to find there was no secret stash in the fridge.  Imagine how I felt the presence of angels singing all around me when I asked what else might he like for a snack, and he answered, "Oh, some other fruit or vegetable.  Maybe some mixed vegetables or canned corn."

All I can say is Praise the Lord and Pass the Grapes!!!

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a miracle. Praise be!

Collagemama said...

You brought back memories with this one! Fresh pears for that boy... and clementines.

Anonymous said...

Does he like tangerines? I LOVED them when I was a kid.