About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, February 23, 2013

It's a Lazy Day in the Neighborhood

A beautiful thing, a lazy day!  I do not have to work.  Sisi does not have a basketball game or practice.  We have lots of groceries thanks to the threat of bad weather on Friday and my trip to Costco Thursday.  The house is kind of messy and I don't much care right now.  (Later it will get on my nerves and the kids and I will do some cleaning up...when we darned well feel like getting around to it.) 

We have some old movies I rented this week for us to watch...the kids think they are painfully boring and outdated.  We watched Raiders of the Lost Ark last night.  No big special effects or flying superheroes.  Just a college professor with a cool hat and a big whip. 


They did manage to suffer through to the end.  I can hardly wait to hear them complain about Driving Miss Daisy later today!  

I will probably have a date with Miss Clairol today.  And we will play some board games.  I might get to work on my latest mosaic project.  And...who knows.  Maybe a nap!


3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Maybe everybody can nap during Driving Miss Daisy!!

Collagemama said...

How can you not love Indie?

Kim said...

After the fact the kids said they liked it. Today we are planning to watch "Here Comes the Boom" (for the 3rd time.) Worth watching for Henry Winkler alone, and the rendition of Holly Holy as a fight song.