About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Books Galore!


Friday night Sisi, The Player, and I went to the Normal Public Library book sale.  J-dude was at his first Junior High School "activity night"  (a dance in one gym and sports in the other gym in case dancing is too scary for your 11 year old self.)   The 3 of us managed to purchase enough books that when we got home I looked around and said, "We definitely need to move into a bigger house."

Everyone else pooh-poohed that notion.

This morning we got up and do you know what I said?  I said "Let's go to the book sale AGAIN!"

This time all 4 of us went and bought more books.  When we got home I said....

"Let's clean out the garage!  And then de-clutter the house!"

The Player and I cleaned the garage.  The kids have no idea what items were given to the Bromenn Thrift Store.  Items that were stored in the garage.  So not on their minds, directly.  But Sisi, with her hoarding instincts and ESP will probably ask for that one little fire engine toy from 6 years ago...or will look in the garbage can in the driveway for the first time in years and see that it's full (for the first time ever) and go digging around...

If that happens, we are DEFINITELY moving to a bigger house.

3 comments:

Collagemama said...

At my first jr. high dance the boys stood on one side of the gym. The girls stood on the other. Kids threw donuts at each other across the void. Unglazed. Unfrosted. The band in the middle played In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. I had a Vesuvius zit on my nose, so my mom thought I should wear a bright pink brooch on my sweater to distract people. Not that I was scared for life or anything. Hope J-Dude doesn't need therapy in later years.

ron hardy said...

I think the new couch made out of sale books is working out great. There is nothing better than falling asleep on a story or an idea... Well, maybe.

ron hardy said...

I think the new couch made out of sale books is working out great. There is nothing better than falling asleep on stories and ideas. Well, maybe...