About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Well, I'll be a Bunkle's Uncle

I got a postcard in the mail today.  It was an invitation to a family reunion.  For a family of which I do not believe I am a member.

HUAC:  Ms Tingley, Are you or have you ever been a member of the McCarty family?

Me:  Huh?

Here are the events planned for said reunion:
 
Pot luck in Kinmundy, bonfire at a Winery in Alma,  Breakfast at Denny's in Salem.   Hmm.  Where are those towns? 
 
And who is that horse in the photo?    She's ready for her close-up, Mr DeMille...
 
Is that Joe McCarty?  From the HUAC?  Oh, no sorry, mistaken identity.
 
 
You may be wondering how I received an invitation to this reunion.  I'm wondering, too.  Here is the address on the other side.  They had my first and last names correct, my zip code to 9 digits, and wait, that's not My middle name.
 
 
 
 

Will the REAL Kim Dunkle please stand up?


 
 

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Don't you have enough crazy people in your life? That's funny.

Ted said...

I think you should go. You might meet Kim Dunkle.

Kathleen said...

I resemble that comment, Ellen!

I think we should all go, Ted!

ron hardy said...

All right then. This is Grandad McCarty speaking. The McCartys and Dunkles have had there rough periods but now its time to sort things out, especially with your Uncle Dinky Dunkle. Hoping this reunion is a good one.

Collagemama said...

I see a movie, "The Family Reunion Crashers". You would play yourself, of course. Kathleen could be Kim Dunkle Tingle. Owen Wilson would be in it, of course. Jack Black could be Uncle Dunkle. The Player could be a minor league ball player passing through.... Maybe Twiggy could have a cameo as the typo cousin Kim Dingle Dunkle.

Collagemama said...

I'd be mighty proud, mighty proud indeed to be a member of a family having both a winery bonfire and a Denny's Grand Slam.