About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, February 20, 2014

I Hab a Code


My nose is running and my feet are smelling...wait, no, that's wrong.  My nose is runny and I'm sneezing a lot.  I have a small bottle of hand sanitizer that never leaves my side and I sent Ironing Man to the store for yet more Kleenex yesterday.  And some Tylenol.  And some Ricola cough drops because I also have a sore throat. 

Yes, I hab a code!

And I am in the process of buying a car.  Ironing Man's vehicle has something more serious than a cold...pneumonia?  TB?  Iron-poor blood?  We think it might be time for vehicle hospice.  Or for it to go to a teenager who is learning to drive and who has parents that appreciate a car that doesn't really want to go too fast or too far.  In any event, my car is getting up there in years and miles and with my work, I need reliable wheels for country roads.

So I test-drove a fancy slightly used car yesterday with lots of electronic bells and whistles.  It kind of freaked me out.  I opted for an up-to-date version of my basic Hyundai Elantra, this time in dark blue.  And....ta da...heated seats!!!  I really wanted heated seats after this winter.  And now that it is nearly spring I will get them!

So I pick up my new vehicle tomorrow after work.   I hope I don't sneeze all over it first thing.

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh, so sorry about your cold! So happy about your heated seats! And your attentive Ironing Man.

Ellen said...

Kick the code out and enjoy that new car.

ron hardy said...

Just remember you don't have to use Kleenex when you blow that new horn. ��

Ted said...

Used is good. That's what I always seem to buy for myself.
You were due for a change. Happy days are here again.

Collagemama said...

Does it have cupholders and kleenex holders? Yippee for new used.

Kathleen said...

I hope you are better by now! There is code in my blog today. And Samarra.

How is the new, used car?!