About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Monday, December 2, 2013

Annual Mammagramma

Which does not translate into mother-grandmother, exactly.

I went to the Gail Keeran Center for Women where I get my annual boob-squishing-x-raying done.  It's a lovely place with fireplaces in the nice waiting areas, though after several years of mammograms at the GKC I've yet to wait long.  Today, as last year, I was finished, dressed, and out the door before my actual appointment time.  Wowee wow wow!

When I disrobed from the waist up , I was given a warm top to snap in front.  It made me feel a little like Nicki Minaj appearing on the Ellen show.



It turns out that trying to look like Nicki Minaj appearing on the Ellen Show has already been done.   By Ellen, on her show, on Halloween:



Of course, I forgot to wear my black leather pants to complete the look.

The garment I wore was more like a very short cape than a jacket, so after I thought about it awhile I decided I might be a new breed of superhero.  Super Mammamama!!

As all you ladies over 40 know, when you get a mammogram, the technician always ask if you have had any problems with your breasts.  This year I decided to mention that The Girls have seemed a little more droopy lately.  She didn't seem to think that was a medical emergency.  I suppose she had last year's evidence to prove it was a pre-existing condition.




2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Laughing! Which has an effect on boobs (and toots)!!

Collagemama said...

So good to cross that off the To Do list for another year!