About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Have Finkle Will Travel

I don't know what a Finkle is, but this semi driver definitely is dedicated to his, or is one, or is transporting one.  Saw this on I-70 in Ohio.

 
A couple other highlights of the trip included:
 
1.  Great views of the pandas at the zoo...just two days before the female went into estrus and the indoor part of the exhibit was closed for hanky-panky or artificial insemination.  Depending on the quality of the hanky-panky.  Those zoo biologists have such good jobs!
 
 
 
 
2.  Seeing one of Sisi's heroine's airplanes:
 
Now it's quiz time:
 
Which of these is from the Zoo?  Which of these is from the National Gallery?  And which of these was waiting for us when we got home?
 
A.
 

B. 
 
and finally C.
 
 
Good luck! 
 
We arrived home safe and sound.  I will probably not choose to drive 13 hours again straight through until at least one of the kids can share the driving.  Since they couldn't share the driving, they got a chance to share in the clean-up:
 
 
and there was some of the 9" of snow still left for us to see, though it was a bit of a let-down:
 
 
at least the kids didn't have to shovel when we got home!!!
 
 
 

2 comments:

ron hardy said...

Oh, the checkered lives of Pandas.

Collagemama said...

Sounds like an awesome trip. I love DC, and love sharing it with my adult sons as much as when they were kids. When your kids start sharing the driving, oh my! That's another adventure!