About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dog Gone Birds!!

My parents were here for a weekend visit.  While they were here we did a little bird watching out the kitchen window.  There was some debate about what a phoebe looks and sounds like.  And some confusion about whether the bird we saw at the feeder was a chickadee or phoebe.  I wasn't confused, actually.  I was completely clueless.  But my mom, my daughter, and The Player had an informed discussion about the topic.  I sat idly by until I remembered the web sites that have bird sounds...so I opened up my trusty laptop and started searching.  The dog and I had a great time listening to online bird sounds.  The dog listening to the bird sounds was even more entertaining than  the debate in the kitchen.  It looked something like this:
 
 
Actually it looked exactly like this:
 
 
There was bewildered searching for that sound...is it behind the computer?  Below? Inside? 
 
In the kitchen the decision was that the bird was a chickadee.  Out in the living room we never did figure out where that derned bird was hiding.
 

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Delightful dog listening pix! And I was listening hard for imaginary birdsong as I read along!! (Sometimes I go to those websites, too!)

Collagemama said...

His master's voice. You make me laugh. Try freesound.org for more nature sound effects.

TNTINGLEY said...

Poor dog. Not only has to share the house with a CAT of all things, but now there are birds in Kim's computer.

Kathleen said...

Sigh....about the cat.