About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Out of the Grout Cocoon

Just after I mixed the grout and added some brown acrylic paint, I got CollageMama's advice to stick with white!  "Shoot!" I thought, but then I looked in one of the library books (that I had checked out again today to be sure I had some idea how to grout my butterfly) and there was a moon made of blue tiles in similar shades to my butterfly grouted with a nice brown grout. 

So I proceeded.

Here's what my morpho looks like now:



So I have learned a few things and next time I will do a few things differently.  But overall I am pleased with my first project.  Next up is to figure out a way to frame it.  I have some ideas....of course. 


2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh, that is lovely!

White would be good, too. I look forward to all your future tile and grout combinations!

Collagemama said...

Wow. This turned out great! You definitely did better tinting the grout than I did all those years ago.