About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Not to Worry

Just when I was wondering what I would find to blog about next, I saw this headline in the online Bloomington Pantagraph:

Arizona lawmakers knit fuzzy uteruses

My first thought, of course, was "Oh I hope this article is blog-worthy!" followed shortly thereafter by "Isn't that supposed to be uteri?"

I don't know what the true plural of uterus is.  I don't often use the word in it's plural form in a sentence.   I will probably look it up in a minute...or, maybe right now...excuse me.

Ok, it can be either one.  How boring.

Well, on to the article.  It turns out that the lawmakers themselves are not knitting the uteri.  No, their unhappy constituents are knitting them for the lawmakers.  The constituents are unhappy that the lawmakers are considering legislation that will limit health insurance coverage for birth control.  So they are knitting little fuzzy uteri with googly eyes and sending them to the lawmakers with notes about their opinions. 

Hurrah for free speech!   Talk about spinning a yarn.  Insert little pun here about booty and booties. 

Hahaha...nevermind.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Delightful reason to knit.

You would probably enjoy the Colbert Report in which Stephen Colbert addresses this subject, and Lady Heroes (all men, of course), reminding us, regarding the singular, that we're all together in this, because it's not "uter-U, it's uterUS."

Also did you know that today was National Grilled Cheese Sandwich day?

Collagemama said...

Know I'm gonna have bad dreams about uteri with googly eyes, and, dang, I'm totally bummed about missing National Gorilla Cheese Day.

One student brought crocheted versions of Angry Birds for Show & Tell. Will knit one purl one uterussessess be next?