About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Everybody wants a Pie

While I was contemplating baking cupcakes for my neighbor, to celebrate her last in a series of surgeries related to cancer discovered last year, I received a phone call from Dr. Matt.   Dr. Matt is the vet that took wonderful care of Wolf while we had him.  Dr Matt is kind of silly, though, and at some point last year he became convinced that I should make him a jelly-bean pie.

So 6 months after Wolf's final day on this planet, I get a call from Dr Matt.  Easter reminded him of jelly beans and jelly beans reminded him that...he thinks I still owe him a pie.  He even has it all figured out:

Graham cracker crust
Cherry Jello
Lots and lot of jelly beans
Whipped cream.

So I reckon I'll be making that concoction sometimes soon

Then I logged on to my blog and saw a request/demand for rhubarb pie from my dad.  Yes, yes, I will make a rhubarb pie.  I might even write a poem about rhubarb pie.

I made the cupcakes.  The rest of you all will have to wait until at least tomorrow 'cause tonight I'm making dinner for The Player and myself and then going to see The Artist!

Happy Easter y'all.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

You are a Pie Artist!! Let's make a movie about you.

Collagemama said...

Sort of a rainbow Jello-tinted documentary...