About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sisters, Cousins, and Turtles on the Duck

Our mini-vacation to Tennessee was delightful.  We spent Sunday afternoon with my sisters, in-laws, outlaws, and cousins.  And my parents, the hosts with the mosts, who of course did not make it into any of the pictures.  What the heck was I thinking?

Here are the cousins.  B-dude, J-dude and Sisi are all 9 going on 10 or 10 going on 11.  Birthdays all within a year.  But you cannot tell by height who is the eldest.  Nope, not at all.
T

Nor can you tell the sisters' birth order by height.  Don't we look like trouble?  Bwa-hah-ha!





Sunday the cousins, one mom (me), one outlaw (The Player) and the grandad went for a canoe trip along the Duck River.  Here is what we saw:


Turtles all the way down!


Full steam ahead.  Or full 10-year-old boy power ahead, rather.

It's fun to wear your mom's shoes and your grandad's hat into the river!  Watch out for the leech we found later....ick.



Some of the men-folk skipped stones and some of them ate lunch.  Everyone enjoyed the scenery, the turtles, and the fabuloso weather. 


 


2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Sounds like a great time!!

Eek, was the leech in a shoe? Or on a peeple?

Collagemama said...

I love the lifejacket photogs! Looks like an outstanding family vacation with relatives who actually like each other! Very cool. Now must go brush ticks out of hair...