About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It's Two Blogs...two blogs...two blogs in one!

In my previous blog, posted earlier this evening, I forgot to mention that I will also not be dwelling on my hair cut or how the woman who cuts my hair is able to style my hair in a way that makes me weep.  Because of course the blow dryer and round brush are like wooden clubs in my hands instead of artistic instruments like they are in hers.  Here is evidence that she is, in spite of the sign in her salon, not just a beautician but indeed a magician:


I also will not be dwelling today on The Cubs (plenty of time for that after opening day, although I'll mention the General Manager looks like he is 15 years old.)

I might dwell in a future blog about the book Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close which I read in about 3 days (326 pages).  I used to read that much all the time, before children and true love entered my life.  But I honestly have neglected many duties including children, true love, and some of my work to read this book.  And later I will dwell on it   Probably after I read it again for book group in April.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

When will this come back in at the library, where I have it on hold?!!?

The book, I mean. I don't have your hair on hold, which looks lovely on your head!!

Susan Ryder said...

Kim, did you love the book? I had to put it down so I didn't finish too early, lest I have to reread it because of my bad memory!

Kathleen, when it does come in at the library, you will fly through it! It helps that it's a fascinating read, beautifully written, and has lots of blank pages among the 326.

Collagemama said...

Your hair looks nice. Must be the conditioner...The preschool girls were standing in line waiting to go out to the playground and discussing hair conditioners. I'm not kidding.