About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Festival and Farewell

On Friday night we drove over to East Peoria to participate in a traffic jam!  It was delightful, especially in my car with manual transmission, on a big hill, for well over half an hour as we waited to get into FELOPI!!  The FEstival of Lights Of east Peoria Illinois.  Here are some scenes from this years display:


I love the Lightsthip Enterprise!


We debated whether good guys or bad guys were in this Star Wars vessel, finally deciding by popular vote that it was definitely not Santa's sleigh.


This looks like a riverboat but as it turns out, you can use it to go whale-watching, too:


Thar she blows!



Sisi TV arrived last week with a special new show that I think will probably get syndicated, Kung Fu Sammy:







Amazing what that little stuffed skunk can do with "the element of surprise."



This morning the kids flew off in a jet plane with their dad for 2 weeks in Ecuador.  I have not been away from them both that long before.  I've been somewhat melancholy this morning.


I cried at home, before I took them to the airport where I did not cry.  At least not to the point of sobbing and needing someone to bring me kleenex.



I will miss these guys something fierce!  Counting the days until January 6th, Epiphany!! 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought of you and know your heart broke for awhile but they WILL be back.

Thinking of Mark today moving back to TN. and leaving Jordan. Sometimes life is Bittersweet.

Kathleen said...

Comfort and joy to you, my dear friend.


And this cheerful verification word: "spotopi"

Collagemama said...

Thanks for the Felop photogs! Reminds me of the 4th of July traffic jam in a parking garage after fireworks. Hope your kids can Skype you from Ecuador. When will Kung Fu Sammy be on You Tube?

Connie Lou said...

Loved the light show pictures! Fantastic.
Thinking of you being away from the kids - I know it's really hard to not have them around. Love you!