About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Another Walk Along the River


For the 3rd Sunday in a row The Player and the kids and I went to Parklands for an afternoon walk along the Mackinaw River.  Today we walked on the South Trail which took us to the opposite bank of the river.  The access to the river itself was trickier, but we eventually succeeded in getting down to the water so the kids could play in it with sticks and rocks.  And their boots and each other. 

\





This side of the river has a forest of mostly oak trees.



The light was beautiful and the reflections in the river of trees on the opposite bank were spectacular.




Just as I said, please don't throw a rock in the river, I'm about to take a picture, J-dude practiced his selective hearing. 



If not exactly what I had in mind, still pretty stunning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An artist dream.

Collagemama said...

Nice ripply photo.