About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Parkland Bluebells

The Player and I went to Parklands for a short hike yesterday afternoon because it was a beautiful spring day, because it was my last Monday off work (going to a 5-day per week schedule next week) and because we heard that "the bluebells are out at Parklands."  We heard that information on good authority from a fellow at church who hikes there a lot.

So the first half mile or so on the hike we saw

trillium

violets

forget me nots


periwinkle

and finally just a few meager bluebells

but then, o then, o my, we headed down close to the Mackinaw and were transported into Bluebell Acres:


Carl Sagan would have said there were Billyuns and Billyuns of Bluebells!





4 comments:

ted said...

Its nice to be back in blue bell country.

ron hardy said...

They were so gorgeous. Above lots of birds too including a red headed woodpecker.

Kathleen said...

Yay! Billyuns and billyuns of yay!

Collagemama said...

And fond memories of Carl Sagan, too. Thanks, Kim!