About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, September 6, 2013

Goose Me!

Working a crossword puzzle and got down to just 6 blanks.  Clue for the shorter of the 2 words, "flock of geese."  Blank blank blank I N -- my only idea "gaggle" would not do.

Looked it up on Wikipedia.  I did not know that a gaggle of geese is only a flock on the ground.

Skein - that's the word of my day!  It's a group of geese flying.  Which could also be called a team or a wedge of geese.   But not flying too close together because then those geese would be a plump.

Who gnu?

So now I was left with only one more set of 3 blanks, which were followed by the letters:

          BIDAVIDSMALL...the clue was Harry Kemelman sleuth.

I had no idea, but I sure thought the answer had to be BAMBI DAVID SMALL.  No other name I could think of ended with BI.

Of course I was dead wrong, the sleuth's name, er, title is RABBI.  So I learned something else today.
I learned that someone needs to write some mystery novels with someone named Bambi as the protagonist!

3 comments:

Collagemama said...

Okay, then, let's start team writing the Bambi mysteries. We've got to have a gimmick. Bambi is definitely a crossword/sudoku puzzler, and a mosaic artist. Bambi has a poet friend, and an etymologist pal who uses root words to solve cases. She has a sidekick entomologist for the insect track.... The formula requires Bambi to have a jerk for an ex husband, and we can find one of those easy. Bambi also needs a hunky love interest called up to the big leagues by the Cubs, and a side flirtation with someone more mysterious, perhaps an auto mechanic...

Kim said...

Sounds fabulous! I think there should also be a case of mistaken identity involving Bambi and the local Rabbi.

Collagemama said...

It's a keyboarding error that gets both of their auto insurance policies canceled. (This would be like the time the secretary typed UNCWY instead of NANCY, then Farmers blocked my coverage because UNCWY did not exist.) Then UNCWY's mail address was sold to marketers... Leaping forward twenty years, I bet Bambi and the Rabbi have similar email addresses and finally meet on Facebook.