About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, May 24, 2013

What's Growing Here

The lilacs are gone until next year.  That makes me sad.  But here are some things that are blooming on and around the deck now:

verbena


hibiscus
 
 
 
spiderwort
 
 
and a bunch of other stuff like mint, thyme, lettuce, cilantro, basil, onions, and petunias:
 
 
Here's what's blooming up in the mosaic studio, a lotus flower soon to be a bird bath:
 
 
 
Just needs some grout, a base, some water, and of course some birds!
 


7 comments:

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous!! Floral and mosaical!

Ellen said...

BEAUTIFUL

Collagemama said...

You are inspiring me!

Collagemama said...

What book or online resource would you recommend for a beginner?

Kim said...

CM I started with whatever I could read from the Normal Public Library - honestly don't remember what titles I used but they all have the same basic instructions. Other books have inspiring ideas which I doubt you will need!

Collagemama said...

Thanks, Kim. I am feeling a need to smash some tea cups, but maybe I'll get over it! Also the secret code is thoroughly offorT.

Kim said...

Just be sure to use the "safety smash" with the cups wrapped up in a towel before applying the hammer.