About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, May 6, 2011

Space Queen

This morning I put the dog food away after I fed him.  But I put it in the fridge.  Where it does not belong.  Oh spacy me!  Then I fired up my trusty laptop (I think he needs a name) and found out that today is Space Day.  Happy Space Day!  Enjoy some space.  Don't let anyone invade your space.  Think about outer space.  Have a close encounter of the third kind if you can!

Former Astronaut and Senator John Glenn changed Space Day to International Space Day.  I guess he just sat in the Senate one day and said "make it so" and it became an international holiday.  And it was good.

But I think if he'd had a little more imagination he could have declared it to be Intergalactic Space Day.  So instead of feeling like king of the world, he could feel like king of multiple galaxies, if not the entire universe.  I think I could qualify as an international OR intergalactic space queen, if I just put my mind to it.  Or put my mind on other things than what I am doing at the time, to be more specifically confusing.

Ok, I confess I had to look up the adverb form of specific in the big red dictionary.  I wasn't 100% sure it looked right when I typed it as above.  (It is.)  But as I was browsing through the S's, I was enjoying the combination of words at the top of each page (as I have been known to do) and came upon a new favorite:

Sowbelly Spangle.

I do believe that an Intergalactic Space Queen would wear such a thing, don't you?

p.s. - Susan, tomorrow I may not blog or may not blog until evening as I am taking the kids on an overnight trip for Sisi's birthday.  Do not worry.  Make sure you have some kind of silly reading material at hand to get you through your morning.  You may borrow my big red dictionary if you would like!

4 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

Thank you for giving me a head's up! I would have worried and worried .... or expected to see the Player on Sunday!

ron hardy said...

I cannot be held responsible for the timing of this blog Susan. I am busy building an Einstein Bridge with the help of Thor to the realm of the Sowbelly Spangled Queen of the Corner. Or K.I.M. L5 as the astrophysicists say.

Kathleen said...

Where is the dog food now?

ted tingley said...

If being spaced out counts, then I'm having a space day.
I had a close encounter here at home but she rejected me.