About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Friday, December 24, 2010

One Good Surprise for Christmas

Christmas Eve y'all!  My presents are all wrapped.  They look a little better than usual.  I watched a video about origami a few weeks ago and decided if some people can take a piece of paper and patiently fold it into fantastic works of art, surely, surely I could patiently crease the edges a little more neatly around a simple square box.  Not a big improvement, but I am content to feel that at least no one would say, "Aw that's so sweet, you let Wolf wrap the packages for the kids."  At least I hope not. 

This year I am daring, just to be a little wild, to put the gifts out under the tree today.  Usually I wait until the kids are asleep on Christmas Eve to put them out so that there isn't any peeking or guessing or whining about opening them early.  I am probably asking for trouble, but I wanted to see the packages under the tree for at least a day before they turn into shredded paper, piles of packing peanuts, and empty boxes that Sierra will inevitably play with longer than some of her gifts.

This year the kids know almost all the gifts they are getting. They have been very specific in their requests for themselves and their advice for what I should get the other one.   So no big surprises will be forthcoming, except for one special gift.  They have no idea whatsoever that they are each getting a...

to be continued tomorrow!

3 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

Kitten!

Ellen said...

a pea pod???? Or something that rhymnes with that?

Kathleen said...

Ah, I see you don't need my wrapping help. You know I discovered (via many, many hits on my own blog) that there is an origami expert named Kathleen Kirk? It is not me. I took apart our origami attempts to make Emily Dickinson poetry collage bookmarks!