About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Last Winter Program

Jeremiah's first Winter Music Program at Oakdale was 5 years ago, and since then I've had at least one kid in kindergarten, first, or second grade each December.  So I've been to 5 Winter Music Programs.  But this year was the best one ever.  The program was just the right length (6 songs sung by all the classes together) with a secular Christmas theme to keep everyone happy.   One of the teachers read The Night Before Christmas and the songs were interspersed throughout the story. 


I guess you can't see Sierra in this picture.  Here she is, glorious in the back row:



Several of the kids have older siblings in the audience.  This year Jeremiah and his cronies were old enough to sit by themselves in the bleachers.  They looked so grown up it gave me a little shiver.


The concert lasted a half hour, just a little less then the time it took to get out of the parking lot afterward.

Next year I won't have a young one in the Winter Program and I will miss that.  It seems like the first of many "used to" events to come. 

Here is a sweet picture of my two, as Jeremiah said "Acting like we like each other."  Ha.  Acting, my foot!



3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Very sweet!

We "used to" go to those music programs, too, and I was always so amazed by the wonderful organization. At our school, there were two whole programs sometimes. Get 'em in, get 'em out in the parking...and somehow it all worked fine.

Ellen said...

That's just a grat picture, one that might find it's way into Grandma and Grandad's house?

Susan Ryder said...

Such photogenic kids -- what a great photo! Definitely one to frame and gift to grandparents, etc. And they will love it when they are older, so save one for them! I have one of me and Betsy as little girls on our buffet upstairs that Mom gave us both one year for Christmas, in a "sisters" frame, and I treasure it.