About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hot dogs and Hockey

The pool was closed when we arrived after the rainstorm yesterday afternoon.  The Cubs lost again.  But Memorial Day was rescued by our friends and the Chicago Blackhawks.

We went to Nikki and Eric's house for dinner.  Nikki made the margaritas and guacamole.  I made potato salad.  The kids ran wild (not really, but when Nikki invited us over she said "why don't you come over for margaritas and we can let the kids run wild."  And I thought, who can refuse an offer like THAT!)  The kids, my two and their daughter Chloe, actually played together very nicely.  Except during dinner (which Eric cooked for us and it was delicious!)  when for just a couple minutes my kids did the brother-sister-teasing thing and even that was just kind of funny and sweet, as opposed to turning into a match worthy of the WWF. 

Dinner was great, thank you ERIC!  We had burgers and hot dogs and also...grilled asparagus.  Yes, it made my pee smell!  And Dad, no, I didn't have to work at smelling it.  It's just a natural aromatic!

On to the Blackhawks.  I don't watch hockey much.  In fact, the most minutes of hockey I watched this year was during the kids movie The Tooth Fairy.  And mostly I watched it because Duane Johnson (You may remember him from the WWF as The Rock...hey I wonder if he started out by picking on HIS little sister) is so...umm..funny, yes, funny.  No not handsome at all.  Not in a manly kind of way, no.  Ok, yes.  Except he did have to wear that pink tutu in that one scene.

So hockey...too rough for me to watch in person.  I tried a couple times, going to our local Bloomington Thunder games.  When I watch a hockey game, I have discovered that the further away I am from the action, the more I like the sport.  Once we got tickets in the 4th row right behind one of the goals.  No, no, no...too much body-slamming up right in my face.  Another time we sat in the upper level.  That was better.  But better yet is to watch on TV, if at all.

SO, the Chicago Blackhawks have made it to the Stanley Cup Finals this year.  And they won the first game earlier in the week, defeating the Philadelphia Flyers.  Two great cities, both of which I've lived in.  (preposition at the end of the sentence, I know. Live with it.)  The game last night was more than half over when we got home, so we just saw the end of it.  But it was Very Exciting and only one of us fell asleep watching it.  And it wasn't me this time.  Sierra conked out.  Jeremiah turned the sound off, and he and I watched the end of the game.  Chicago won, 2-1.  So now they are up 2-0 in the series. 

Chicago deserves a winning team of something soon, so I'm counting on you, Blackhawks!

Today we will be getting ready for our trip to Tennessee tomorrow.  I'll be finishing up laundry, shopping for a few items, packing, and practicing my accent.  Y'all come back now!

2 comments:

Susan Ryder said...

You didn't take hummus?

See you tonight!

Unknown said...

I hope you DO get that accent correct. Don't want you to embarras me in front of my friends. :)

Went to Krogers this morning and thought I might try and buy you some humus but there was about 16 different kinds so you are on your own in that dept.