About Me

My photo
United States
Getting older is not for sissies. I'm not a sissy, thank goodness. I'm a physical therapist, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and I am looking forward to "what's next?"

Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Meeting

Here is one of the things we consumed at the Planning-Gone-Wild meeting last night.


The llama was the only being small enough to dance on the coffee table.  Susan would not let anyone who weighed more than 3 pounds stand on the table.  That ruled out the rest of us.  I eyed it longingly but did as I was told.

Nikki called to see if I had brought hummus to the meeting.  When she found out I had not, she went out and got this:


It was really good!  (Suprised?)  Especially with the olives and pita chips she brought.  She also brought the theme idea we selected and picked out the Friday night movie we will watch.  Nikki was All That and More last night. 

There was some seriously therapeutic laughter.  In fact Nikki and I were laughing so hard at one point that we declared we might wet our pants and Bob (who joined us after the real "work" was done and we were just having fun...) told Susan they might need to get the couch cleaned.   Kathy went into the kitchen to talk to The Player To Be Named Later.   I think I might have dialed the phone and handed it to her.  I'm not sure what they talked about but now I will be making a trip to Akron to continue the negotiations.  Eventually we may have to throw in some rhubarb pie into the deal.  I will give you an update when I get back from the trip!






7 comments:

ron hardy said...

The Campptown ladies sing this song,
Doo-da, Doo-da
The Camptown racetrack's five miles long
Oh, de doo-da day

Goin' to run all night
Goin' to run all day
I bet my money on a bob-tailed nag
Somebody bet on the gray

Betsy Ron

Kathleen said...

There were olives?!

Kim said...

B-Ron! Nice rap!

Kathleen - in a jar, something with a fancy name I can never remember so I call them Olive Tampons but that seemed inappropriate to put on the blog...

Susan Ryder said...

Ron, did you like your Wordle? Since you haven't commented on it yet I made a new one based on your comment above.

http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/3125500/Lady_Camp

ron hardy said...

Susan I need a java script of some kind so it will do applet????

Collagemama said...

"Do the Funky Llama" sounds like a bad Seventies disco song. You cannot dance on the table unless it is lighted and there is a disco ball with strobe light. You are way too young to remember mid-Seventies disco bars and crepe-soled platform shoes. I am old enough, and will scan the wine aisle at the grocery store for vino de Funky Llama!

Kathleen said...

I like the Lady Camp wordle!